Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mama needs a new set of tires

So this weekend we are going to Reno for my son's baseball tournament.  My tires are almost completely shot so I knew it would be a good idea for me to probably replace them prior to making the drive to Reno.  Especially for safety purposes.  I called around yesterday to price compare and America's Tire Company was by far the cheapest I found for the best tire.  I asked if it would be a problem for me to bring my car in by 8am and come back to pick it up, they said that would not be a problem.

This morning I drive my car to the shop, get there by 7:45am and wait for them to open at 8.  My friend had taken time out of her day to pick me up and take me to work (Love Her!!).  I saw a ton of people in the store when I got there so I decide to walk over and try to open the door.  The door does not open.  About 10 men turn around and are now laughing at me.  Oops!

Finally, around 7:55am they walk over to my car and do a quick assessment of my current tires.  We walk inside the building to get all the paperwork started.  The gentleman was very friendly, gave me a complete breakdown of the cost and assured me off all the perks they have to offer.  He took my contact information down and said that since I was so early I would be in and out in about 45 minutes.  My friend told me rather then go to work we could hit up ol' Starbucks while we waited.

We order our Cafe Americano's and decide to sit and chat for a while.  We look at our phones, it is now 9am, an hour past the time that I dropped off my car and I have yet to receive a phone call letting me know that my car has been completed.  We decide to drive back over and find out what is going on.  To my dismay my car is in the exact same place from when I dropped it off.  I am greeted at the door by one of the gentlemen from this morning.  I ask him why my tires had not been started yet.  He tells me they thought I had said that my car can be completed whenever. ?????????.  (When did I say that?)  He then proceeds to tell me that it can be completed in 15 minutes.  (Why didn't you do that in the first place?).  So I go back and sit in my friends car and we continue our morning conversation.  I was pleased that they stuck to their word and completed my tires in the 15 minutes.

Now I have new shiny tires, and although I had to utilize 2.5 hours of vacation time this morning, it was well worth it.  I was able to sit and talk with my girlfriend all morning and still got brand new tires!!!  Overall, the gentlemen were very friendly and I would still recommend their services despite the wait I had.  I will chalk it up to lack of communication, which most guys are guilty of.

Reno here we come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!