Monday, June 16, 2014

First Crock Pot Exchange


Crock Pot Meal Exchange

While searching the web for ideas on crock pot meals to make during the week I came across quite a few links that directed me to freezer crock pot food exchanges.  This one in particular I loved, Graciously Saved: Crock Pot Meal Exchange.  After reading into it a little, I thought this was definitely something I was interested in trying.  So I posted a question to all my facebook friends to see who else may be interested and here you are!

So I have seen variances on the way the exchanges are handled, but I believe the one listed below is probably the easiest and most fair way to do it. 

The number of people that participate in the exchange is the number of meals you will make of your selected recipe.  I think 10 is a pretty good number because that will give everyone two weeks worth of meals to throw in the freezer and pull out for convenient dinners.

When you determine what meal you will make you will do the following:

  • Send email to participants to ensure no one is making the same meal
  • Make sure the meal will feed approximately 4 - 6 people
  • Place all items to make the meal in a 1 gallon resealable ziploc bag (with the exception of anything that doesn't go in the crockpot, ie. rice, noodles, etc.)
  • Provide the recipe, either with a sharpie on the freezer bag or provide a hard copy on an index card or something similar.
  • Meet with the group (bring your ice-chests) exchange and have fun!!!
I think this will be great and I am excited to try it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!